Monday 28 September 2015

Product Empties #2

Following on from my empties series, here are the Makeup things that I finished.

Primer

  • Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Serum Primer - This was a light moisturiser like primer and yes, it did give a luminous look but I didn't find it amazing. I probably should have known that the glow combined with my oily skin was not a good idea in the first place and I think a good moisturiser underneath the foundation would do a similar trick.
  • Fake Urban Decay Primer Potion - This came with my FAKE UD Naked palette (sad times when I found out :( ). It had a very runny consistency with a skin colour tint. I have never tried the real thing so I cannot compare but I think this did work to enhance the colour of eye shadows. Slightly worrying since you don't know what are in these fake products so I shall not make the same mistake of buying fake products in the future!!
Foundation
  • Rimmel BB Cream Matte (Sample) - I have previously tried the original formula and I quite liked it except for the fact that I became shiny after a while and oxidised a bit so I was excited to try out this matte formula. Sad to say that it wasn't much more mattifying then the original. I think this will be good during drier seasons when I get combination skin because this does not emphasise the dry patches!
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation (Sample) - Other than the colour match issue I had with this, I generally liked this product. It had quite a good coverage and sat very nicely on the skin. I may consider getting the full size if I can find the right colour.
Powder
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - I was so happy when I finished my first ever powder! This product was a must for my oily T-zone and I will probably come back to this product in the future.
Concealer
  • Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - I'm sure you don't need to hear any more of how good this concealer is but the coverage that this product provide is amazing! I wouldn't personally use it for under the eyes since it is quite thick and can easily look caked up but to conceal scars and pigmentation, this really works.
Eyes
  • COMPANY Eyeliner - This was a felt tip liner that came in the COMPANY magazine. This did the job but this streaked when applying and the blackness wasn't that great. Since it was a freebie, I guess I cannot expect that much.
  • So Susan Flutter Mascara - This came in one of the boxes. It was a very wet formulae with a brush that was in a nice swirl. This was a good mascara for every day but if you are after volume or definition, this probably isn't the mascara for you.
  • Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara - This also came in one of the boxes and was surprised with how big the wand was! it was massive! (well... compared to what I usually use anyway.) I did like the plastic spiky bristle never the less and it did a good job of volumizing the lashes. The issue I had was the formula was on the dry side and if you went over the top with your mascara application, it was quite easy to end up with clumpy lashes. 
Lips
  • Tanya Burr Champagne Toast Lip Gloss - Clear brown gold with specks of tiny gold shimmer. This was my favourite out of the three that I had. Generally good to wear on a casual day or to top up in the centre of the lips
  • Tanya Burr Afternoon Tea Lip Gloss - Quite opaque light pink gloss. This gloss was too blue toned for my complexion and because it was the most opaque out of the three, I  found it quite difficult to wear. It will probably suit people with a paler complexion.
  • Tanya Burr Aurora Lip Gloss - A lovely pink gloss with small specks of glitter. I did like this gloss too. 
All in all the Tanya Burr Lip gloss had a lovely sweet scent and felt comfortable on the lips. The disappointing thing was that they all started to smell sour after a year and a half so I had to get rid of them. I'll probably repurchase some and try out some other colours in the future. I am also loving the new packaging and the nail vanish range as well!!
  • Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm - This was my first time trying Burt's Bees and I absolutely loved this lip balm. It was quite a hard waxy product and left a tingly feel after application. During the drier winter period, this really helped my chapped lips.
Thank you for reading yet another lengthy list of things and let me know if you have any product recommendation for this coming Autumn and Winter.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I love Rimmel Powder and Collection Concealer. They are so good x

    www.damlatuzun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's taking some will power not to repurchase them until I finish my current powder and concealer!

      Delete
  2. Love this list! Burt Bees is amazing so I'll have to try the Beeswax balm you mentioned, especially now that its getting colder :) xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete